Patch Notes: Patch 1
Who’s ready for an update?! It’s only been a little over a week since Radical Heights launched into X-TREME Early Access, and it has been a busy but very exciting time. The Boss Key team has been working hard on reviewing and implementing your feedback along with some improvements and fun additions of our own. It’s been Dome tested and engineer approved to make its way into Radical Heights today, April 18 at 4PM/ET!
It includes things like…
You asked for bike improvements and the ability to pull off more tricks, well here you go!
You can now make a shattering entrance by diving through windows. Not even a scratch.
We’ve added cosmetic items to help you make your contestant the way you want! Be on the lookout for them during the match, grab ‘em to unlock them and add them to your Prize Room! Our rad artists have also added more items to customize your kill card like 9 new profile icons and more!
Say hello to a new weapon we’re adding to the Dome, the FAL.
That’s just a few things we have added to the first patch. You can find more details and more additions below! BUT before we do that, we must break for a commercial brought to you by grateful…
We have been so thrilled by the amount of feedback and new players that have joined us since launch. So thank you! Remember, your feedback will help shape the future of Radical Heights, so be sure to jump in on the forums or social after you get hands-on with the update and let us know your thoughts!
And now back to our regularly scheduled program…
- *NEW* Kill card customization options added for borders, backgrounds and icons!
- *NEW* Cosmetics added to the world and prize room, find them in game to unlock their in-game cash prices!
- Performance improvements across the board!
- Players should see a good increase in FPS.
- South American Servers added!
- End Of Match Screen updates
- Now displays kills
- Layout changed to be able to view the action while End Of Match screen is active
- Additional anti-cheat measures implemented.
- Invisible collision, missing collision, floating building/fences etc fixed around the world.
- Improved loot drops throughout the world.
- Various inventory fixes.
- Improvements to game show event announcer VO.
- Various audio fixes for death and end of match.
- Audio tuning to increase important sounds (footsteps), and lower others (announcer).
- You can now press escape to get out of the inventory and map!
- Fixed Showcase Shootout locations where contestants couldn't easily reach each other.
- Fixed Game Show events spawning in inaccessible locations (Spin To Win in rocks or houses for examples).
- You can now rebind "Cycle Next Weapon" and "Cycle Previous Weapon"
- Equip button now works on the recently discovered and featured tab.
- Chinese and Japanese localization is now working properly (although still missing some localized text).
- Fixed for various locations where loot was spawning in the ground.
- Duo partners now win together!
- Dead teammates will not receive the double cash bonus for winning.
- Fixed bug where you would go to down state even when your duo partner is already down.
- Fixed bug where only the final killer in a duo would see victory celebration.
- Players who exit the game now drop their loot and cash.
- Fixed bug where you could shoot from downed state.
There was a large amount of changes done to the BMX Bikes for Patch 1. They will spin out of control less when riding normally, and we added in additional features to allow players to perform backflip as well as additional air controls. This now means players will also get knocked off the bike if they land on their head! We're still tuning and tweaking the BMX, and we will continue to do so until we are happy with it!
- BMX bikes should spin out of control less frequently.
- You now have air control on bikes and can do back flips and spins (or just go for that perfect landing).
- If you mess up on the BMX and land on your face, you'll get knocked off of the bike now.
- *NEW* You can now dive through large glass windows!
- *NEW* Added a quick melee option, no more switching to fists to bash cash registers!
- You may need to reset your key binding to default to get this to work properly!
- Armor is now correctly colored to reflect its tier.
- Fixed bug that caused certain weapons to never roll gold tier - impacts python, m16, ak74u, m14, and m12.
- Fixed bug with damage falloff causing close range damage to be reduced, mostly impacts pistols.
- Fixed bug where dancing would unload your weapon.
- Fixed bug where ammo in your clip sometimes wouldn't drop on death.
- Fixed zipline and trampoline stuttering/lag.
- Fixed bug where you could get stuck in OTS camera.
- Fixed ragdolls playing footstep sounds.
- Improved the interact detection for activating Spin to Win machines.
- Added logic so Spin to Win machines won't spawn right next to one another.
- Fixed bug where some Token Arcade burgers could not be picked up.
- *NEW WEAPON*: FAL Rifle
- Noisemaker: improved randomization for maximal fakeouts.
- All pistols increased range.
- Lever 1 armor vending cost increased.
- Level 2 armor protection increased.
- Level 4 armor protection increased.
- Armor models now visually lay on top of Puffy Vest cosmetic items.
- Aug reduced damage.
- REX reduced throw speed.
- REX damage increased.
- Frag reduced throw speed.
- Smoke reduced throw speed.
- Uzi vending cost increased.
- Python vending cost increased.
- Python damage increased.
- Rockets damage increased.
Find known issues and some workarounds by clicking here.
Be sure to jump in and try out our newest additions! Let us know what you think on social or the forums. We also love chips...I mean clips. Send us clips of your favorite moments and maybe we’ll share (not the chips, but the clips).
That’s all for now, contestants. Go forth and reach those Radical Heights!